Thursday, June 19, 2014

Great News!

It has definitely been too long since I have posted.  Life has been as busy as normal around here, we had end of school year activities with the kids.  This included promoting one of them from elementary to middle school, such an awesome day!  Now they are all on SUMMER BREAK!  We are in our first official full week and I already had to tell them all the one question not allowed during summer is "What are we doing today?"  That one just makes me crazy. 

We had to keep ourselves very busy during the 2 week wait period before I went back to the doctor again.  But thank goodness that wasn't too hard with the business booming in wedding season and the end of year activities with the kids.  We finally went in on Wednesday June 11 and again Friday June 13.  All the anticipation for a simple blood draw....and no answer until Friday afternoon!  The nurse called me and said I have great news, "You're pregnant!"  That's right, we are PREGNANT!  It's crazy because I have waited 3.5 years to say to Phil.  Of course I got off he phone and called him immediately.  We were both so excited, I wanted to tell him in some really cool way since father's day was Sunday but I knew he would know something was up!  We immediately got to making our phone calls.  A lot of people had been texting me all week to check on me and see how I was feeling so after immediate family I let all of them know.

Of course, there were mixed reactions.  Some people were super excited, some were ok, some weren't so excited but all in all everyone is excited for us.  We of course are over joyed and the kids are way excited.  I already have a couple of them tying to touch my belly...which is so awkward when you don't have a belly yet, lol! 

As of today, I still have no symptoms really.  I get tired a little more easily, and keep getting an afternoon headache but other than that I am great!  I am still on the injections however, they have cut me back to two days a week.  Thank goodness because my butt looks like someone beats me with all of the bruises!  My numbers were really high for both my beta and progesterone so these can be indicator of multiples but not necessarily.  Of course, we have to wait 3 weeks this time until we find that out.  We will have our first ultrasound on July 3, to see how many heartbeats there are!  We are anticipating twins at this point and actually getting very excited about that.  What I realized is that our four youngest kids are so close in age they always have a built in playmate, which means when one is at their "other" homes (since we share 50/50 custody) the other is totally bored without them.  So I am thinking I am already used to raising multiples why not just add two more!  Ha Ha....yes I know, I am crazy but it's a great crazy! 

I will try to keep you all posted a little more often on any changes with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment