Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Transfer day!

What at day it has been! Phil and I woke up got ready, were greeted by the kids smIling faces and then transferred our babies into me.

We arrived at the center to be taken into our room. I was given my identity bracelet because we wouldn't want the wrong babies put in! (I don't even want to know if that's happened before)
We waited for a long time it seemed until the nurse came in. She had me get comfortable on the bed and Dr Shala came in. She told us how the procedure would work. She also brought us our first pictures of our babies. We had 2 that looked good, one was a larger blastocyst (bottom one in picture, so many more cells and the other a smaller less developed type). The other 3 weren't developing, one may be good for freezing but the other 2 they will give us more news on tomorrow which is the last day before they will freeze. Dr Shala would insert a catheter, the Embryologist would bring the embryos into the room in another catheter that they would slowly inject inside and then 40 mins of sitting still.  
All went exactly as they had planned! Now we are on the dreaded 2 week wait! Yep, we wait to see if the embryos attached to my uterine lining. Unfortunately,  I am on bed rest for 3 days. Its only been a few hours and i'm already bored, lol! But of course I am doing all I can to get these babies to stick! We are feeling so blessed already knowing that they are safe inside me with God leading their journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment