Sunday, August 3, 2014

Our first baby project!

I haven't updated you on our house lately but unfortunately we are still in escrow.  We had to start the short sale process over again which has caused a delay but we are patiently waiting. We are thanking God for the journey and the fact that it has not gone back up on the market for someone else to grab. 

But with that said, the planner in me doesn't like the idea of not having a plan for rooms and starting on things!  At this point, if we close when we are supposed to we may be able to move in by Thanksgiving.  Yep, forever away!   I will be HUGE by then and setting up a nursery probably won't be that easy.  Of course, I can do little things now but we don't have the storage at all to buy anything yet.  Hopefully after we close escrow the end of August we can begin buying things and storing in the new garages for now. 

Until then, I wanted to start a project that I will use starting next week when I am officially out of the 1st trimester and start the profile pictures.  I see so many blogs and pictures of chalkboards and dry erase boards used that I knew I wanted something similar yet different.  So here it is.  Mind you at this point, the babies room idea is Nautical, Orange, Navy Blue and Gray, no matter the sex.  I will girlie it up more for girls and if its one of each its a great shared theme. 

 Piece of metal...which can be used as a dry erase if wanted (Thank you Amber for writing on her cookie sheet to figure this our for me!)  Piece of 8 foot wood border that Phil cut and painted orange.
No work bench so he is being creative with a cooler!

Adding the nautical rope!
 

Vinyl numbers for the board.  Hopefully they should peel on and off for me to use with each week.  I was able to cut out number 1 to 7 and the word Weeks, however, I need more vinyl to finish!
 
Last step will be to put it all together and take our first picture.  But you will have to wait until next Friday when I am officially 12 weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to congratulate you on growing your family! What an adventure you've had - just a chapter really of more adventures with your beloved babies. I too went on an adventure to grow our family - a dear friend from high school carried our son for us and it too was quite a journey. He is such a blessing! Some thought we were crazy - an 11 year gap between kids, but older brothers and sisters make the best babysitters...I look forward to reading more blogs and I wish you a very uneventful pregnancy!
    Becca (Kleiner) Preston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca that is so amazing to hear! Congrats to you guys and thank you for the well wishes!

      Delete