Sunday, August 3, 2014

Road Trip!

As if I am not crazy already...I decided to take the kids on a road trip to visit our oldest daughter in CO!  Yep, me and 5 kids, in our little car that doesn't have a DVD player.  Ha Ha!

Can you see the luggage in the back piled on top of the window...oh and that is bags between the girls!
 
 
We drove from our house on Wednesday the 9th to St. George, UT.  This was a quick 6 hour drive and then we stayed the night at a hotel.  The kids did great, the only drove me crazy once we were out of the car....questions, questions, questions!  The next morning, July 10th, my 35th birthday (I'm officially getting older, lol), we got up early had the continental breakfast and off we went for the long 12 hour drive to Denver!  Again, kids were amazing in the car.  The drive was amazingly beautiful and the only downfall was stopping about every 2.5 hours for bathroom breaks!  We met Brielle in Denver for a fun birthday dinner!  We even were treated to dinner by my mom in CA, somehow!  That was fun!  Then off we went for the 2 hours to see Brielle's new house she moved into in Fountain, CO. 
 
The 4 youngest drove that last 2 hours with Brielle, so Ry and I enjoyed to quiet car, ha ha!  We had such an amazing visit with Brielle.  Here are some of the highlights of the week. 
 Zoo near Brielle's house...sorry don't know why my phone did this to this picture!
 Zoo Fun!
 We had dinner and evening fun!  One night the boys wanted their nails painted.  I know crazy boys!

 Yep...these are my boys with painted nails!  Don't worry they took it off first thing in the morning!

This was our stop at the Olympic training center...this place is a free tour and so worth it!  If you are ever in the area stop there!  Brielle worked on Monday so we went while she was at work and the kids really enjoyed it!  We actually got to see people training for the next trials!
 
 This was my favorite part of the trip.  Brielle had moved in a few months prior to our visit but she just didn't finish unpacking or hanging or decorating.  I finally got to be like my mom who has blessed many people many times!  We went shopping galore, Target, Hobby Lobby and a cool store out there called At home!  We bought tons of goodies for her house and turned it into a beautiful home.  The best part was when Belle, who has inherited by frugal attitude told me I didn't need to buy her something.  I turned around in Target and told her shut your mouth, it's not everyday I get to be MOM to you anymore!  Her face was priceless and the kids all laughing at her telling her "Mom, just told you!"  And of course, I meant it in the most loving way.  It was truly so much fun to help her decorate and enjoy the time with her!  

 Guest Bathroom

Kitchen...we added more later in the trip but I didn't take a picture after!
 
 
We stayed for almost a week and truly enjoyed every moment with Brielle.  It was so nice to hang out with the kids all together and see them all interact.  It made me that much more excited to add 2 more kids to our family.  I know some will say we are crazy because of the age differences but to see Brielle at 21 (almost 22) paint the kids nails, snuggle and interact made me think of the memories we have all yet to make with the younger kids now being the older ones one day, or even the amazing years we have ahead with a million grandkids all in one house being crazy when the twins will be teenagers and love playing with them!  Life couldn't be better for us right now and I am excited to share our family with these two new lives!
 
 
PS - the way home was a great ride too!  We even stayed at Phil's brothers house in New Mexico which the kids just loved!  Last 2 hours closest to home were miserable but hey we made it safe and sound that's all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment