Thursday, August 21, 2014

They're a....?

Last night was the big reveal....

Now I have to update you on my day first. All of you women out there will understand, while all the men just don't quite understand and of course there's nothing wrong with that, it's just the differences between men and women. I woke up in a sad, frustrated mood, hormones you have to love them! Let's just say Phil very simply and politely told me that my shirt didn't really match my skirt...which turned into me in the closet crying because I couldn't find anything to wear. Here I was starting a very exciting day and just couldn't get excited.

Of course, the kids and I still had a day of fun. All of us girls got our hair done, so nice to pamper myself and its even better when you're hair dresser is your cousin and one of your closest friends, plus she has the most adorable daughter, my niece! Love them! We enjoyed hanging out there, then yummy in-n-out for lunch! Then some relaxing while it poured outside, love the rain!

Phil came home from work with his phone on face time...he ran over and we all gathered around. It was our oldest daughter in Colorado, her husband Matt, was arriving home from his tour in Qatar. He had been deployed there for 9 months. If you haven't seen one of those ceremonies, man so amazing, emotional and beautiful. The soldiers entered to the sound Proud to be an American, then they did more patriotic songs that just pull at your heart strings. The soldiers were released, 200 something soldiers running to their families...and there he was, of course we saw someone's back as they greeted each other and then the 2 of them together! So amazing and just awesome! It was a great experience for us to be a part of even if it wasn't being there directly!

Then about 530 pm, our family came over, my parents (of course we live with them so they were already here, lol), Phil's mom, Phil's sister and our nieces and nephew. We all went up the street to the orange groves in our neighborhood where our great friends, Chad, Milisa and their son Jaxson showed up with 2 trunks filed with balloons for the big reveal!

We got set up and everyone said we should open both boxes together...My only request was one at a time. Now no one really understood but when I get the pictures back you all will, lol! Everyone wanted boys, because we have 4 girls and 2 boys, so they wanted 2 boys to even the playing field...not to mention there's enough estrogen in the house!

We opened baby A's box and guess what we saw...PINK! The reaction was classic, smiles, but nothing too huge, I think Devyn jumped for joy! I saw the boys give frowns after they realized what they saw. (Pictures will be up tomorrow late night) We all headed over to the 2nd box for Baby B...Phil looked at me like babe please save me, he was so nervous for more pink. Ha ha! Then there they were....BLUE balloons. No joke...the picture had everyone jumping up with joy arms in the air! So classic! Here is the one photo I have.

A huge thank you to our great friends Chad and Milisa who did all this work to make this happen! We love them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment