Friday, May 23, 2014

First look at follicles!

Good morning...we just finished up at our ultrasound appt for this week. I will say the last day I have really felt more twangs (cramps) then usual so I assumed my ovaries were doing their job producing lots of follicles. Just a preface for where my thoughts are, we decided to go with this route of infertility journey because we can't get any swimmers. I have had 2 children and 1 miscarriage so 3 pregnancies and 2 of those I was on birth control, so I'm thinking my body knows how to be fertile. But I forget that my last child was born 9 years ago and I am getting older, I still feel like I'm 20 something but I guess I'm not, lol! Anyway, today when we went in for our ultrasound I figured I would have tons of follicles on both sides.

With that said, I had 2 follicles in my right ovary measuring about 10 mm, and 6 in my left ovary measuring from 8 mm to 12 mm. I guess I was a little shocked, this didn't seem like very many. The doctor must have noticed my disappointment because she quickly began taking more positive in what she was explaining. She told us that the follicles need to measure between 18 mm and 20 mm, so we continue meds until Tuesday when we come in for another ultrasound. She thinks at that point we will be good for my next shot and egg retrieval on Thursday.

Now, trust me 8 follicles is great, that's 8 precious little opportunities to create the beautiful baby God has planned for us. I had a moment of reality with the fact that this is completely still in his hands and I have to continue to pray and allow him to guide this journey. He knows what he had in store for our family and my trust needs to be continuously in him. Easier said than done of course because I am definitely a control freak! But since this has started I told myself it was truly a journey God would control, he has allowed us to get through this financially, he has been by my side not letting the meds make me crazy and hewill also guide the doctors hands and my body to what is best. Thank you God for giving us this day and eight opportunities ahead of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment