Sunday, May 4, 2014

Including the kids...

I think I may have already talked about the kids here or there but today we decided we would completely include the kids in our process.  Now our oldest 3 who are 21, 17 and 12 we had already told that we were starting this process.  We explained a few things that they asked about but just wanted them to know ahead of time because we know we could need help along the way if I am not feeling well from medications or if I get a little moody!  However, after receiving this box in the mail...

We figured it would be harder to hide a lot from them and that we wanted them to enjoy the journey with us.  We have always been a very open family, we try to communicate with the kids as much as we can, of course, we aren't perfect but we try!  I know there are probably a lot of mixed feelings on this because our youngest girls are both 9 so we didn't give them details of anything but tried explaining things in "kid" terms. We went a little scientific but nothing crazy.  So funny though our middle son said ''What are you saying they are going to get dad pregnant! This is way too much scientific stuff for me!"  Kids gotta love their exaggerations on everything.  They were all very excited and concerned for us.  We wanted to be honest about the chance that this may not work but include them in the journey no matter the outcome because we love the fact that they can get excited with us.  They were all worried about me taking shots but I told them I am in great hands with Daddy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment