Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I just can't sleep!

Oh my goodness...I am the best at waking up in the morning to the alarm, pressing snooze and then immediately falling back into a deep sleep!  But not this morning.   Today is my first shot!  Like I had said I really am not afraid of needles at all but I guess just the excitement and anxiety of not knowing if it would hurt was why I couldn't sleep. 

Phil and I decided we would get up and get a little ready before we did the shots.  You have to do the shots within the same one hour window each day so we didn't want to do that too early in case we ever sleep in accidentally.  I got up, tried distracting myself and finally said can we please just get this over with it.  But my ever so calm and level headed husband giggled and kept getting ready.  After I was dressed and Phil was pretty much ready we were ready to do this.  Here we go step by step...
 
Alcohol wipe the area....
 

 
Fill the vile with medicine...
 
 
Ready to go now...
 
I would show a picture of the actual needle going in but I didn't think I could do that at the exact time so we did a video and I don't even know if you can add that to a blog!  
 
 
Voila...the tiny needle prick mark in my tummy!   Actually it was not painful at all.  A little itchy after but nothing else.
 
 
And here is that nerdy couple again with their silly grins of excitement!
 
There will be many more days of shots but we are ready and willing.  We can't wait to keep on this journey and see where it takes us!  I forgot to mention for those of you who know we bought a new house that we have been waiting on opening escrow because it's a short sale, well we got an email yesterday that today we should have everything for that too!  Haven't received anything yet but I think it is so funny how we had news on the first doctor appointment day!  We are just on an amazing adventure!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment