Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Newest shots!

I think it's been almost 2 weeks since I last blogged and tried introducing our blog to some family and friends. Hopefully in this post I can fill you in on the most recent activities of our journey. We started our first set of shots about 2 weeks ago. These we did for 10 days straight, every morning between 630 and 730 am. We had smooth sailing for most of these. It wasn't too bad at all. I had one day, I believe it was the fourth shot that my body had a reaction! Here's a picture....


Please ignore the close up of my stomach, just not a picture anyone wants to see of themself, lol!

This only happened this one time, we have no clue why or what was different and of course it was Saturday so couldn't call the nurse and I didn't think it was an issue to call the doctor about. The weirdest part was that area turned into a bruise.

Other than this one incident everything was good. Phil was great about doing the shots with me everyday and staying on top of the meds so I didn't have to think.  The side affects weren't too bad. I was getting a few headaches, extremely tired and I think this made me a little irritable at times but nothing out of the ordinary because trust me I have my fair share of irritability!

We went back to the doctor last week on Wednesday, this was for an ultrasound, blood draw and learning the newest shot regimen. It was another exciting appointment for us, I think we just enjoy spending the time together in the middle of the week. They called us back to get my blood drawn first, this was to make sure I'm not pregnant and check my level of hormones. The lupron was used to shut down my system, after looking at the ultrasound the doctor said we were perfect, everything looked quiet! Onto the next step...

The nurse showed us how to do the next set of medications and we got a week calendar. I now am doing a shot in the morning still the same lupron but smaller dose, baby aspirin with breakfast, prenatal vitamin at lunch along with a steroid then another shot at night. I know, tons of drugs, ha ha but well worth it! The nurse explained the meds to me but it went in one ear and out the other, that's why I have Phil, he understands all of it! And of course he did. You have to mix the meds, then fill one syringe then get more meds with another syringe, and add those two together, etc, etc... and this is done every night for this shot!

 These are all the needles and meds! Crazy if you ask me!

I have been doing this regiment  for one week now and have another doctor appt this Friday to see how we are progressing.These medications are supposed to make me very irritable but honestly it has been a great week! I will say the headaches are miserable and my stomach is extremely polka dotted but other than that we are good to go!  it has been fun toshare this journey not only with Phil but the kids too. They have watched me get the shot acouple times, asked how I have been feeling and have been genuinely interested and curious. Looking forward to what's to come after this weeks doctor appt!


Here is my polka dot belly...it's even worse now and the picture doesn't show it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment